This program offers students an opportunity to meet the full requirements of the BS and MS in a shorter time period than the separate degree programs. The students may complete a Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics and Statistics in four years and the Master’s degree in Statistics the fifth year.
- The applicant must be a UMKC undergraduate student who has completed a minimum of 60 cumulative credit hours.
- The applicant should complete the BS/MS application form and submit it to both the undergraduate (firstname.lastname@example.org) and graduate advisors (email@example.com).
- The applicant must satisfactorily complete the following courses:
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.0 is required.
- A minimum GPA of 3.2 in Math/Stat courses is requred.
B.S. Degree Requirements (total of 33 credit hours)
As listed below, there are 24 credit hours required undergraduate courses.
|MATH 210||Calculus I||4|
|MATH 220||Calculus II||4|
|MATH 250||Calculus III||4|
|MATH 300||Linear Algebra I||3|
|MATH 402||Advanced Analysis I||3|
|MATH 410||Modern Algebra||3|
|STAT 441||Introduction To Mathematical Statistics II||3|
|The student should also take at least 9 credit hours of Math or Stat elective courses at the 400 level or above.|
M.S. Degree Requirements (total of 30 credit hours)
The following core courses are required for the completion of the M.S. degree:
|STAT 5501||Statistical Design Of Experiments||3|
|STAT 5537||Mathematical Statistics I||3|
|STAT 5547||Mathematical Statistics II||3|
|STAT 5551||Applied Statistical Analysis||3|
|STAT 5565||Regression Analysis||3|
|STAT 5572||Multivariate Analysis||3|
|Also a total of 12 credit hours of Math of Stat elective courses at the 400 level or above must completed satisfactorily.|
B.S./M.S. Degree Overlap (up to 9 credit hours)
Up to 9 credit hours of 400-level Math or Stat courses in the graduate degree can overlap with the courses taken towards satisfying the requirements for the undergraduate degree.