School of Education Scholarship Information
Three types of scholarships are available to students: Automatic (considered when applying to UMKC); Additional scholarships to apply for through the UMKC Financial Aid and Scholarships Office, and School of Education scholarships. The SOE scholarships are available to undergraduate and graduate students in our programs.
- Must be admitted to the School of Education
- Submit application typically by February 1st (official date will be posted on the School of Education website)
- Must complete a new application each year
- Previous recipients may reapply
- Number and dollar amount of awards vary from year to year
- Awards are not automatically renewable
- Undergraduate students must be enrolled in at least 12 credit hours each semester during the new academic year to receive a scholarship
- Graduate students must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours each semester during the new academic year to receive a scholarship
The procedure for applying for a scholarship will be found on the School of Education website.
- December: Scholarship application opens
- February 1st: Applications are due and committee begins review
- April: All applicants are notified if selected
- September: All scholarship recipients will be honored at the SOE scholarship event scheduled in the beginning of the next academic year.
For more information about the SOE Scholarships go to http://education.umkc.edu/students/scholarships-and-financial-aid/