Master of Arts: Biology
Student Learning Outcomes
Students graduating from this program will:
- Students will be able to integrate fundamental concepts in anatomy, biochemistry, cell biology and physiology.
- Students will be able to apply basic biological sciences knowledge to clinical situations.
- Students will be able to create a professional and reflective professional school application.
- Students will develop strategies for conducting professional school interviews.
- BS or BA in Biology or Chemistry (preferred).
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Statement of purpose.
- Minimum score on one of the following exams: MCAT (≥ 485), DAT (≥ 15), PCAT (≥ 24) or GRE (≥ 300).
Plan of Study
|BIOLOGY 5511||Professional Development||1|
|BIOLOGY 5510||Gross Anatomy for Nurse Anesthetists||3|
|BIOLOGY 5510L||Gross Anatomy for Nurse Anesthetists||1|
|BIOLOGY 5539||Mammalian Physiology||4|
|LS-CBB 5520||Cell and Molecular Biology II||3|
|BIOLOGY 5592||Master of Arts Topics in Biology||4|
|Human Genomic Epidemiology|
|Master of Science Topics|
|Global Health: New and Emerging Infections Diseases|
|From Bench to Bedside: Translational Research|
|Graduate Developmental Biology|
|Applied Biostatistics I|
|Clinical Research Methodology|
|Principles and Applications of Epidemiology|