Health Sciences Bookstore
Manager: Pete Eisentrager Contact Information
In partnership with the Division of Student Affairs, the UMKC Bookstores seek to anticipate and provide for the needs of UMKC students both inside and beyond the classroom. The UMKC Bookstores are committed to finding the most affordable course materials to match a student’s learning style. We offer rental options on almost 50% of our titles, used books and digital alternatives to help you choose the course materials that fit your learning style and your budget. In addition to course materials, we carry the largest assortment of UMKC and Roo apparel, gifts and gear, as well as school and art supplies. Our stores partner with student organizations and campus departments to provide special order programs that support university events and academic programs. Other services include:
- Textbook reservation program gives students first choice of rental and used copies
- Online price comparisons allows students to compare our textbook prices and competitor prices
- Online orders with shipping and in-store pickup options
- Graduation Fairs
- Author events
- Medical, nursing and dental equipment, scrubs and lab coats
- Special sales to promote UMKC pride
- Convenient and easy returns and exchanges
- Textbook Sellback: Students can sell back their textbooks for cash at the end of the semester and the UMKC Bookstores will pay top dollar for books requested by faculty for the next semester.
Technology is Affordable and Easy: Both stores carry computers, software and technology products from Dell, Microsoft, Apple and more. Educational pricing makes it affordable and easy for UMKC students to buy a computer.
Convenient Payment Options: In addition to standard methods of payment, we accept student charge payment both in-store and online. We also work with the campus to facilitate payment through scholarships, vocational rehabilitation, and 3rd party accounts.
Student Charge: Students can use their UMKC One Card to charge purchases at the UMKC Bookstore and the UMKC Health Sciences Bookstore. Students must be enrolled in the current semester and have no financial holds on their Pathway account to use student charge. A student may charge a maximum of $1,250 per semester. Once the limit is reached, another form of payment is needed.
University Owned: UMKC Bookstores’ profits stay at UMKC to support campus programs and initiatives. In addition to providing flexible student employment opportunities, we partner with student organizations to provide donations, volunteered time, and event programming.