Master of Arts: Music Therapy Emphasis
Student Learning Outcomes
- Graduate students will initiate the skills of community contact, planning, and collaboration in order to complete an advanced clinical experience within the community for 1-2 semesters prior to finishing their degree.
- Graduate students will demonstrate advanced knowledge of a selected population and/or clinical area of practice as evidenced by treatment plan and implementation that are informed by a theoretical framework and the therapeutic function of music by the end of their advanced clinical rotation(s).
- Graduate students will use advanced clinical musicianship in practice as demonstrated by the use of bar chords and advanced strumming and fingerpicking techniques on guitar, and advanced accompaniment patterns on piano, as well as composition for therapeutic effectiveness by the end of their advanced clinical rotation(s).
- Graduate students will demonstrate an understanding of a theoretical framework to inform practice and research in an area of specialty before completing their degree.
- Graduate students will develop a project that supports translational research before completing their degree.
|CONSVTY 5544||Advanced Clinical Experience||2|
|CONSVTY 5542||Clinical Supervision in Music Therapy||3|
|CONSVTY 5541||Theories and Practice of Music Therapy||3|
|Take the following course two times:||4|
|Seminar In Music Therapy|
|CONSVTY 5500-5600 Music History or Music Theory||3|
Total hours in this section: 15
|Specialization in Clinical Research:|
|CONSVTY 5594A||Research and Analysis in Music and Behavior||3|
|CONSVTY 5594B||Research Applications in Music and Behavior||3|
|RES-ME 5700||Introduction To Research Methodology||2-3|
Total hours in this section: 12
|Electives in Area of Special Interest (suggested options):|
|VOICE, PIANO or GUITAR 5500C (applied lesson)|
|Health Services Administration|
|Counseling Psychology and Counselor Education|
Total hours in this section: 7
|Total Credits: 34|