Student Learning Outcomes
Students graduating from this program will:
- Describe psychology’s content domains.
- Engage in integrative, science-based reasoning to interpret behavior and solve problems.
- Apply ethical standards to science and practice, and promote community at local, national, and global levels.
- Effectively write, speak, and interact with others.
- Apply psychological content and skills to career goals, and develop professional direction for life after graduation.
Eighteen hours of coursework in psychology are required for a psychology minor with at least 9 of those hours at the upper-division level. Of the 18 hours a minimum of 9 hours must be completed at UMKC. A grade of "C-" or higher must be achieved for any course to apply toward the minor in psychology.
The following is required of all psychology minors:
|PSYCH 210||General Psychology||3|
|Psychology Electives (choose from the following): 1||15|
|Academic and Career Opportunities in Psychology|
|Research Design in Psychological Science|
|Psychology of Gender|
|Quantitative Methods In Psychology|
|Ethnic and Minority Perspectives in Psychology|
|Theory and Methods of Personality|
|Brain and Behavior I|
|The Psychology Of Aging|
|Directed Individual Research|
|Psychology Research Externship|
|Contemporary Issues in Psychology|
Minimum GPA: 2.0
Total Credit Hours: 18