In order to comply with federal regulations associated with eligibility rules for federal financial aid, UMKC instructors will utilize an Administrative Attendance Survey to confirm attendance for all students during the first three weeks of the term and administratively drop students who are not attending specific courses. For the purposes of this survey a student is considered to have begun attendance or participated in the course if they have demonstrated one of the following acceptable academically related activities:
- Physically attending a class with direct interaction;
- Submitting an academic assignment;
- Taking an exam, interactive tutorial, or computer-based instruction;
- Attending a school-assigned study group;
- Participating in online discussion about academic matters;
- Initiating contact with a faculty member to ask about subject studied.
Students will have 48 hours to respond to the notification and request to re-enroll in the course with instructor permission. Instructors may evaluate the student’s request in the same manner as other late enrollment requests.
All refunds will be based upon the date of the drop in accordance with the UMKC Academic Calendar.