The School of Science and Engineering established the BS/MS program to offer students an opportunity to meet the full requirements of the existing BS and MS degree programs in a shorter time period than the separate degree programs by completing a B.S. degree within four years and then completing an M.S. degree in the fifth year.
- Students admitted to the program will receive the unit BS/MS Scholarship which will cover the difference between Graduate and Undergraduate tuition rates
- Students are required to maintain full-time undergraduate enrollment (minimum 12 hours/ semester)
- Must be continuously enrolled from BS to MS programs (must enter graduate program the semester following completion of BS degree requirements, summer excepted)
- Students are required to maintain full-time enrollment (minimum 9 hours/semester) in the graduate phase of the program and complete the master's degree within a year of their bachelor's degree completion to continue to receive the BS/MS Scholarship
Admission Requirements for BS-MS Program:
Students must meet the following requirements to be eligible:
- The GRE will be waived for students who meet the qualifications above and are planning to enroll in the BS-MS program
- Students must indicate their interest and apply to the program no later than the end of their junior year
- Students must complete 30 hours at UMKC prior to admission to the BS/MS program
- Students are expected to follow the recommended curriculum (although deviations are possible) and must maintain a UMKC cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher
This program offers students an opportunity to meet the full requirements of the existing BS and MS degree programs in a shorter time period than the separate degree programs by completing a B.S. degree in Earth and Environmental Science within four years, and then completing an M.S. degree in Environmental and Urban Geosciences in their fifth year. Please contact the SS&C Student Services Center for additional information or clarification on the information below by calling (816) 235-2399, or sending an e-mail to mailto:email@example.com.
Requirements for Graduation
Credit Hour Requirements
The BS and MS program in Earth and Environmental Science-Environmental and Urban Geosciences requires a minimum of the following:
- 120 Undergraduate Credit Hours
- 30 Graduate Credit Hours
- 143 Total Credit Hours (7 Hours of Overlap taken in final year of undergraduate program)
For additional details, please contact our Department by e-mail mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.