BS-MS: Electrical Engineering
Electrical Engineering established the BS/MS program to offer students an opportunity to meet the full requirements of the existing BS and MS degree programs in a shorter time period than the separate degree programs by completing a B.S. degree within four years and then completing an M.S. degree in the fifth year.
- Students are required to maintain full-time undergraduate enrollment (minimum 12 hours/semester)
- Must be continuously enrolled from BS to MS programs (must enter graduate program the semester following completion of BS degree requirements, summer excepted)
- Students admitted to the program will receive the BS/MS Scholarship which will cover the difference between Graduate and Undergraduate tuition rates
- Students are required to maintain full-time graduate enrollment (minimum 9 hours/semester) and complete the masters degree within the year following the completion of their bachelor's degree to remain enrolled in the program and receive the BS/MS Scholarship.
Admission Requirements for BS/MS Program:
Students must meet the following requirements to be eligible:
- The GRE will be waived for students who meet the qualifications above and are planning to enroll in the BS/MS program
- Students must indicate their interest and apply to the program no later than the end of their junior year
- Students must complete 30 hours at UMKC prior to admission to the BS/MS program
- Students are expected to follow the recommended curriculum (although deviations are possible) and must maintain a UMKC cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher
Requirements for BS/MS Graduation
Credit Hour Requirements
The BS/MS combination of a Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering and a Master of Science in Electrical Engineering requires:
- 127 Undergraduate Credit Hours
- 24 Graduate Credit Hours
- 151 Total Credit Hours.
For additional details, please contact our Department by phone (816) 235-1193 or by e-mail mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Five Year Program Sample
Students should follow the sample program as listed for the BS in ECE degree and should apply for the graduate degree prior to enrolling for the fall semester of their fourth year. During their fifth year, they could enroll in 12 credit hours each semester or make use of the summer semester between their fourth and fifth year to take a course or special project, if offered.