Official transcripts are issued only to other educational institutions, employers, state departments of education and similar agencies. Transcripts are issued at the written request or authorization of students. Students may secure a transcript of their UMKC permanent academic records from the UMKC Registrar's Office. Transcripts stamped "Issued to Student" are not considered official by UMKC. Partial transcripts of permanent academic records which contain only a portion of the courses completed at UMKC are not issued. No transcript may be issued to or for students who are indebted to the University until the debt has been cleared.