Student Learning Outcomes
Students graduating from this program will:
- 1. Assess the ethical considerations of business analytics applications, models, and processes.
- 2. Design business analytics processes for reproducibility and replicability.
- 3. Choose the best application and modeling approach to solve a given business analytics problem
- 4. Utilize common business analytics databases.
- 5. Conduct data analyses for descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive purposes using common business analytics models and algorithms.
- 6. Construct data visualizations.
- 7. Interpret the results of data analyses and communicate those results to stakeholders.
Students in the certificate program will complete 12-credit hours across four courses; there are two required courses, and two are electives. We will offer the certificate to degree and non-degree students. For degree students, we will make the certificate available to anyone enrolled in a Bloch master’s degree program, including:
- Professional Master of Business Administration (PMBA)
- Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA)
- Master of Public Administration (MPA)
- Master of Science in Accountancy (MSA)
- Master of Science in Entrepreneurial Real Estate (MSERE)
- Master of Science in Finance (MSF)
Certificate students take the first core course as part of their degree program. For non-degree certificate students, they will take MIS 5507 -- Business Analytics and Statistics.
|Select one of the following courses based on degree plan:||3|
|Business Analytics and Statistics (PMBA and Non-Degree Students)|
|Business Analytics for Strategic Decision Making (EMBA Students)|
|Research Methods in Public Administration (MPA Students)|
|Data Analytics for Accounting (MSA Students)|
|Real Estate Feasibility and Market Analysis (MSERE Students)|
|Financial Modeling (MSF Students)|
|Additional Required Coursework:||3|
|Data Management and Data Mining for Business Analytics|
|Elective Coursework (choose two of the following):||6|
|Marketing Research & Data Analysis|
|Special Topics (Customer Data Analytics)|
|Program Evaluation ((MPA Students))|
|Data Analysis for Health Care Managers (MPA Students)|
|Decision Support Systems|
|Data Base Management|