Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics
Student Learning Outcomes
Students graduating from this program will:
- 1 Select an appropriate predictive model to solve a given business analytics problem.
- 2. Conduct data analyses for descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive purposes using common business analytics models and algorithms.
- 3. Interpret the results of data analyses and communicate those results to stakeholders using analytical models and visualizations.
- 4. Develop data cleaning, pre-processing, and standardization methods for performing data analyses.
- 5. Formulate data queries to summarize, aggregate, and create data tables.
Applicants to the Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics (G.C.B.A.) program are considered for admission based on their undergraduate cumulative grade point averages, resumes, goal statements, and other criteria established by the faculty. Some candidates may be eligible for admission without the GMAT exam. For current admission requirements visit the program website.
Students in the certificate program will complete 12-credit hours across four courses; there are two required courses, and two are electives. We will offer the certificate to degree and non-degree students. For degree students, we will make the certificate available to anyone enrolled in a Bloch master’s degree program, including:
- Professional Master of Business Administration (PMBA)
- Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA)
- Master of Public Administration (MPA)
- Master of Science in Accountancy (MSA)
- Master of Science in Entrepreneurial Real Estate (MSERE)
- Master of Science in Finance (MSF)
Certificate students take the first core course as part of their degree program. For non-degree certificate students, they will take MIS 5507 -- Business Analytics and Statistics.
|Select one of the following courses based on degree plan:||3|
|Business Analytics and Statistics (PMBA and Non-Degree Students)|
|Business Analytics Residency (EMBA Students)|
|Research Methods in Public Administration (MPA Students)|
|Data Analytics for Accounting (MSA Students)|
|Real Estate Feasibility and Market Analysis (MSERE Students)|
|Financial Modeling (MSF Students)|
|Additional Required Coursework:||3|
|Data Management and Data Mining for Business Analytics|
|Select Two From the Options Below:||6|
|Data Analysis for Health Care Managers (MPA Students)|
|Marketing Research and Analytics|
|Predictive Analytics Using R|
|Program Evaluation (MPA Students)|
A UMKC graduate program alumnus may transfer up to one three credit-hour course to satisfy one elective course requirement, subject to the approval of the Program Director or designee.