The School of Science and Engineering established the BA-MS program to offer students an opportunity to meet the full requirements of the existing BA and MS degree programs in a shorter time period than the separate degree programs by completing a B.A. degree within four years and then completing an M.S. degree in the fifth year.
- Students admitted to the program will receive the unit BA-MS Scholarship which will cover the difference between Graduate and Undergraduate tuition rates
- Students are required to maintain full-time undergraduate enrollment (minimum 12 hours/ semester)
- Must be continuously enrolled from BA to MS programs (must enter graduate program the semester following completion of BA degree requirements, summer excepted)
- Students are required to maintain full-time enrollment (minimum 9 hours/semester) in the graduate phase of the program and complete the master's degree within a year of their bachelor's degree completion to continue to receive the BA/MS Scholarship
Admission Requirements for BA-MS Program:
Students must meet the following requirements to be eligible:
- The GRE will be waived for students who meet the qualifications above and are planning to enroll in the BA-MS program
- Students must indicate their interest and apply to the program no later than the end of their junior year
- Students must complete 30 hours at UMKC prior to admission to the BA-MS program
- Students are expected to follow the recommended curriculum (although deviations are possible) and must maintain a UMKC cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher
This program offers students an opportunity to meet the full requirements of the existing BA and MS degree programs in a shorter time period than the separate degree programs by completing a B.A. degree in Environmental Studies within four years, and then completing an M.S. degree in Environmental and Urban Geosciences in their fifth year.
Requirements for Graduation
Credit Hour Requirements
The BA and MS program in Environmental Studies-Environmental and Urban Geosciences requires a minimum of the following:
- 120 Undergraduate Credit Hours
- 30 Graduate Credit Hours
- 143 Total Credit Hours (7 Hours of Overlap taken in Undergraduate Program).
For additional details, please contact our Department by e-mail mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.