Student Learning Outcomes
Students graduating from this program will:
- MME students will demonstrate a basic understanding of current music education issues and their impact on the education of children.
- MME students will demonstrate a historical perspective on music education practice.
- MME students will demonstrate acceptable musicianship skills in performance, rehearsal, and classroom environments.
- MME students will demonstrate ability to reflect upon their own practice as music educators
- MME students will demonstrate ability to investigate contemporary teaching approaches and techniques available to the music educator.
- MME students will demonstrate the necessary skills to review and design music materials, curriculum, and research related to music teaching and learning.
|CONSVTY 5591G||Pedagogy of Music Theory||3|
|CONSVTY 5574||History And Philosophy Of Music Education||3|
|choose ONE of the following courses (3 credits total):|
|CONSVTY 5589||Academic Portfolio||3|
|or CONSVTY 5599||Thesis|
|choose ONE of the following RESEARCH courses (3 credits total):|
|CONSVTY 5594A||Research and Analysis in Music and Behavior||3|
|or CONSVTY 5585||Introduction to Descriptive Research in Music|
|or CONSVTY 5578||Research for Music Teachers|
|Methods/Materials/Music Electives (e.g., CONSVTY 5540x, 5582x, 5583x, 5586x, 5587x, Summer Workshops, Applied Music)||8|
|TOTAL: 30 hours minimum|