Declaration of Major

Students may declare a plan of study (major and/or minor) and degree(s) at the time of admission.  See the specific academic unit guidelines for admission requirements regarding declaration.   If continuing students wish to change their plan of study or add additional plans, students must complete the Declaration of Major form from the UMKC Registrar's Office and obtain signatures from the Academic Advising unit of the school or college.

Students admitted as Exploratory (undeclared) students or admitted with only a Pre-Professional designation (i.e. Pre-medicine, Pre-law) have not declared a specific major and/or degree at the time of admissions and therefore must declare a major by the hours specifically designated by the academic unit housing the degree(s).