Qualified Students Seeking Admission
Qualified students seeking admission must submit:
- Completed application form. Forms can be found online at http://www.umkc.edu/apply. Domestic students may contact the UMKC Admissions Office for a paper application. Domestic students include Permanent Residents and students who have been granted Assylee or Refugee status. International students apply through the International Student Affairs Office.
- A nonrefundable application fee. The fee for domestic students submitting an online application is $45; the international student application fee is $75.
- High school transcripts with class rank (if applicant has fewer than 24 transfer college hours).
- ACT or SAT score (if applicant has fewer than 24 transfer college hours).
- Official transcripts from each previous institution where college coursework was attempted.
Appeal of Admission Decisions
Students who are denied admission as a freshman or transfer to the institution may write a letter of appeal to the Director of Admissions, 5115 Oak Street, Kansas City, MO 64112. Students who are denied readmission must direct their appeal to the appropriate dean’s office of the school or college to which they were denied readmission.