Application for Admission
Qualified Students Seeking Admission
- Complete the application for admission online at https://www.umkc.edu/admissions/apply/freshman-application-process.html or through the Common Application. Students applying to the six-year medical program cannot submit the Common Application. Domestic students include Permanent Residents and students who have been granted refugee or assylee status. International students should contact the International Student Affairs Office for more information on applying as an international student.
- A nonrefundable application fee is required. The application fee is $45 for domestic students and $75 for international students.
- High school transcript with class rank (if available).
- ACT or SAT score (unless applying under test optional admissions process).
- Official transcript from each previous institution where college credit was attempted.
Appeal of Admission Decisions
Students who are denied admission as a freshmen or transfer student may submit a statement of appeal to the Office of Admissions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the reason for appeal, a letter of recommendation from a counselor or teacher, and any other information relevant to the appeal.
Students who are denied readmission must direct their appeal to the appropriate dean’s office of the academic unit to which they were denied readmission.