Credit in Lieu of Grade Option

After completion of the first year, a student may take one elective course ordinarily graded (except a 4-or-more-credit-hour class) on an ungraded basis. For a "pass" to be posted on the student's record, work done for the course must be equivalent to a grade of C- or better; otherwise, the actual grade received will be posted.  If students are taking a graded course that is required for an emphasis, the student may not exercise this ungraded option and also have the course count toward the emphasis.

The student must make this election before the beginning of the semester by completing and filing the appropriate form (available at the Law School).